2017-08-14 129阅读
想要休息,但宿舍太吵?如果环境迫使你要喊shut up,那么下面这篇文章对你一定有所用处。哪怕是shut up,也可以不重样。
1. Put a sock in it
impolitely telling someone to stop talking or making a noise
不客气地让某人安静
Couldn’t you put a sock in it? I’d love to do some work, but I can’t in this noise.
能不能把嘴闭上?你太吵了,我根本无法工作。
Put a sock in it, there are people who are trying to sleep around here.
别说话,有人正准备睡觉呢。
2. Cork it / put a cork in it
telling someone to be quiet
要求某人安静
It’s too late and we’re fed up with your stories –cork it and go to sleep.
夜已深,而且我们听够你的故事了——别讲了,睡吧。
Don’t you want to work instead of talking all the time? Cork it and take your tools.
滔滔不绝地说废话,难道你不打算工作么?赶紧闭嘴拿上工具干活吧。
3. Button it
telling someone rudely to be quiet
粗鲁地让某人保持安静
Button it, can’t you? I’m trying to concentrate.
闭上嘴,行吗?我正努力集中精力。
If you don’t button it, I’ll get up and go away.
你再不闭嘴,我就走了。
4. Shut up / shut your pie hole
a rude way to tell someone to be quiet (pie hole = mouth /slang/)
无礼地让某人安静(派口=嘴/俚语/)
Shut your pie hole or I’ll shut it for you!
把嘴闭上,不然我就帮你闭上。
Shut your pie hole and mind what you’re doing!
闭嘴,看看你在做什么!
5. Zip (up) your lip(s) / zip it up
an informal way to tell someone to be quiet
让他人安静的一种非正式说法
Zip your lips, boys, and listen to me.
孩子们,安静,听我说。
We told her to be quiet, but she just couldn’t zip it up.
我们想让她安静,可她偏要讲话。
6. Wind your neck in
a rude way to tell someone to be quiet and/or calm down
一种让人安/冷静的无礼说法
Cool down, buddy, wind your neck in, you’ve made enough troubles already.
冷静点,兄弟,少说几句,你惹的麻烦已经够多了。
Wind your neck in and sit quiet, we’ve taken the wrong road due to your talking nonsense.
少说几句吧,好好坐着。你的胡言乱语已经把我们带错路了。
7. Simmer down
calm down after anger or excitement; an informal way to tell someone to cool down
愤怒或兴奋后平静下来。让某人冷静的非正式表达
Please don’t shout, simmer down, there’s no point in rejoicing yet.
别大喊大叫,安静一点,这没有什么可庆祝的。
Simmer down, guys, we’d better work first and make a party later.
冷静点,弟兄们,我们最好干完活在庆祝。
8. Pipe down
an informal way to tell someone to stop talking and/or to make less noise
让某人安静或减少噪音的一种非正式表达
The teacher shouted at the kids to pipe down but all in vain, none of them stopped talking.
虽然老师拼命让孩子们安静下来,但徒劳无功,大家依然叽叽喳喳说个不停。
Will you tell your mates to pipe down? I can’t work in this noise.
能让你的伙伴小声一点么?我想做点事儿,但是噪音太大,做不了。
Copyright 2000 - 2020 北京澳际教育咨询有限公司
www.aoji.cn All Rights Reserved | 京ICP证050284号
总部地址:北京市东城区 灯市口大街33号 国中商业大厦2-3层
高国强 向我咨询
行业年龄 11年
成功案例 2937人
留学关乎到一个家庭的期望以及一个学生的未来,作为一名留学规划导师,我一直坚信最基本且最重要的品质是认真负责的态度。基于对学生和家长认真负责的原则,结合丰富的申请经验,更有效地帮助学生清晰未来发展方向,顺利进入理想院校。
Tara 向我咨询
行业年龄 6年
成功案例 1602人
薛占秋 向我咨询
行业年龄 10年
成功案例 1869人
从业3年来成功协助数百同学拿到英、美、加、澳等各国学习签证,递签成功率90%以上,大大超过同业平均水平。
Cindy 向我咨询
行业年龄 18年
成功案例 4806人
精通各类升学,转学,墨尔本的公立私立初高中,小学,高中升大学的申请流程及入学要求。本科升学研究生,转如入其他学校等服务。