美剧里最常说的20句俚语.

2017-08-14 作者: 275阅读

  简单熟悉的词组合起来却能表达新的意思,尝试用它们造个句吧!

  24/7

  一天二十四小时、一周七天、一直、持续地

  My little sister irritates me 24/7!

  我的小妹妹整天都在惹我生气!

  A short fuse

  急性子

  Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play.

  杰米真是个急性子;几天前他就跟教练嚷嚷着说不要让他上场了。

  A taste of your own medicine

  如果对别人坏,那么自己理所当然地也要尝尝相同的滋味

  After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house.

  在多次被捉弄后,朱利安决定也要让胡安尝尝同样的滋味,就订了27块披萨送到胡安的家里。

  Butterflies in my stomach

  紧张的

  Liam had butterflies in his stomach bore he went on stage to play the violin.

  利亚姆在上台演奏小提琴时非常紧张。

  By the skin of your teeth

  勉强做成某事

  Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn't been dancing jazz for very long.

  莱斯特勉强组成了舞蹈队;你可以看出来他已经好久没跳爵士了。

  Cat got your tongue?

  怎么不说话了?(通常说出来是为了让对方难堪)

  I just saw you kissing my boyfriend. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?

  我刚才看见你亲了我男朋友。怎么回事?你怎么不吭声了?

  Crying wolf

  假意求救

  You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you're really hurt.

  你已经玩了这么多次“狼来了”的把戏,没人会相信你是真的受伤了。

  Cut someone some slack

  放某人一马

  Hey. Cut me some slack. I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call. I'm sorry!

  嘿,放我一马吧。上个星期我真的是忙着捉青蛙了,忘了给你打电话。对不起嘛!

  Down for the count

  疲劳的;放弃;不愿再参与

  No, you can’t take my dog for a walk – she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day.

  不,你不能遛我的狗。——她追了那几只猫一天,已经累坏了。

  In the fast lane

  繁忙刺激的人生

  When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle.

  当柯蒂斯四十岁的时候,他决心过刺激的人生,所以他辞去了牙医的工作,决定骑摩托车环游欧洲。

  Draw the line

  停止;判定好坏的分界线

  Now I draw the line at speaking in front of 34,000 people.

  现在我结束了在34000人前的讲话。

  Easier said than done

  说起来容易做起来难

  You want me to come to work at 6:00 AM? Easier said than done!

  想让我6点就开工?说得容易!

  Every cloud has a silver lining

  困境中总会发现转机

  Even though you just got fired, remember that every cloud has a silver lining – at least you don’t have to work for that grouchy boss anymore!

  即使你被解雇了,你也要记住,柳暗花明又一村。至少你再也不用为那个坏脾气的老板工作了!

  Finding a needle in a haystack

  根本找不到

  Trying to get a new job these days is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

  这些天找份新工作真是不可能的事。

  Fish out of water

  不得其所,格格不入

  Tom felt like a fish out of water at the Star Trek convention his new girlfriend begged him to attend.

  汤姆的新女友央求他去《星际迷航》的影迷会,这让他感到浑身不自在。

  Get something off your chest

  说出困扰了你很久的事;承认你做错了某事

  I have to get this off my chest – I copied your answers on the Redesigned SAT. Thanks for the 15th percentile score, by the way.

  我得承认,在入学考试时我抄了你的答案。顺便感谢你让我进了前15%。

  Give it a whirl

  尝试做某事

  I’ve never gone kite-boarding, but I’m prepared to give it a whirl!

  我从没玩过风筝冲浪,但我准备尝试一下!

  18 Go down in flames 在众人面前失败 The football player's career went down in flames after the media learned he'd been losing on purpose to settle gambling debts.

  在被媒体爆出身负赌债后,这名足球选手的事业一落千丈。

  19 Go the extra mile

  加倍努力

  My dentist always goes the extra mile, offering free back massages at the end of a stressful tooth extraction.

  我的牙医总是非常尽心,会在令人紧张的拔牙后给病人按摩。

  20 Hang in there

  有耐心,坚持下去

  I know you're struggling right now in school, but just hang in there. It'll get easier. I promise.

  我知道你现在在学校里的日子不好过,但你要坚持下去。一切都会好起来的,我保证。

留学咨询

更多出国留学最新动态,敬请关注澳际教育手机端网站,并可拨打咨询热线:400-601-0022
  • 专家推荐
  • 成功案例
  • 博文推荐
  • 孙丹 向我咨询

    行业年龄 16年

    成功案例 4314人

    2006年毕业于北京科技学院,英语教育专业,2008年进入澳际预科学校,负责学生管理及外教教学管理工作,后转入澳际咨询部和文案部,负责澳大利亚和新西兰学生的留学方案制定,申请及签证,擅长疑难杂症,专业,热情,有很好的亲和力,已经帮助上千名莘莘学子实现留学梦想,凭借深厚留学工作经验和不懈努力,创造了优秀业绩。

  • 高国强 向我咨询

    行业年龄 11年

    成功案例 2937人

    留学关乎到一个家庭的期望以及一个学生的未来,作为一名留学规划导师,我一直坚信最基本且最重要的品质是认真负责的态度。基于对学生和家长认真负责的原则,结合丰富的申请经验,更有效地帮助学生清晰未来发展方向,顺利进入理想院校。

  • 薛占秋 向我咨询

    行业年龄 10年

    成功案例 1869人

    从业3年来成功协助数百同学拿到英、美、加、澳等各国学习签证,递签成功率90%以上,大大超过同业平均水平。

  • Tara 向我咨询

    行业年龄 6年

    成功案例 1602人

  • 活动预告 | 蒙纳士大学携手英国文化教育协会雅思官方与你鹏城有约,飞跃无限

    695人阅读 查看原文

  • 惊喜加倍|2024蒙纳士大学中国开放日(上海)和中国学生见面会(深圳)共同起航!

    945人阅读 查看原文

  • 走进世界顶尖学府|悉尼大学中国招生见面会开启报名!

    999人阅读 查看原文

  • 2024 墨尔本大学「高中生家长见面会」系列活动开放报名!

    550人阅读 查看原文

我要查

澳际服务

我要读

热门国家申请