英国人的思维 英式英语潜规则.

2017-08-14 作者: 389阅读

  Ever been told by a new neighbour ‘You must come for dinner’ then spent weeks waiting for a follow-up invitation that never arrives?

  曾经遇到过新邻居对你说“你得过来吃个晚饭”,可几个礼拜后邀请迟迟不来?

  Or been thrilled when the boss said he’d bear your ‘very interesting’ idea in mind and been surprised when it was never mentioned again.

  或者是激动地听到上司说他会记住你“非常有趣”的想法,却惊讶他再也没提过这件事?

WHAT THE BRITISH SAY

英国人说的

WHAT THE BRITISH MEAN

英国人实际表达的

WHAT OTHERS UNDERSTAND

别人所理解的

I hear what you say

我听到你说什么了

I disagree and do not want to discuss it further

我不同意也不想继续讨论下去了

He accepts my point of view

他接受了我的观点

With the greatest respect

怀着最高的敬意

You are an idiot

你是一个白痴

He is listening to me

他在听我说

That&aposs not bad

那不算坏

That&aposs good

不错

That&aposs poor

那很差劲

That is a very brave proposal

这是一个非常勇敢的提议

You are insane

你疯了

He thinks I have courage

他认为我很有勇气

Quite good

真不错

A bit disappointing

有一点令人失望

Quite good

真不错

I would suggest

我认为

Do it or be prepared to justify yourself

按我认为的去做或者证明你的想法

Think about the idea, but do what you like

考虑他的说法,但按自己想的做

Oh, incidentally/by the way

哦,顺便提一下

The primary purpose of our discussion is

这次讨论的主要目的是

That is not very important

那并不是很重要

I was a bit disappointed that

我对此有点失望

I am annoyed that

我被惹恼了

It doesn&apost really matter

没关系

Very interesting

非常有趣

That is clearly nonsense

那简直是胡说八道

They are impressed

那令人印象深刻

I&aposll bear it in mind

我会记住的

I&aposve forgotten it already

我已经忘了

They will probably do it

他们大概会这么做

I&aposm sure it&aposs my fault

我确信这是我的错

It&aposs your fault

这是你的错

Why do they think it was their fault?

为什么他们觉得是他们的错?

You must come for dinner

你得过来吃晚饭

It&aposs not an invitation, I&aposm just being polite

这并不是一个邀请,我只是表示礼貌

I will get an invitation soon

我很快就会受到邀请

I almost agree

我差不多同意了

I don&apost agree at all

我根本不同意

He&aposs not far from agreement

他差不多同意了

I only have a few minor comments

我只有一些次要意见

Please rewrite completely

请全部重写

He has found a fewtypos

他只找到了一些印刷错误

Could we consider some other options

我们能考虑下别的选择吗

I don&apost like your idea

我不喜欢你的主意

They have not yet decided

他们还没决定

  Then you’ve been victim of the uniquely British trait of being too prim and polite to say what we really mean. And if it can be baffling for us, imagine what it must be like for foreigners who take our every word at face value.

  那你就是拥有独特特征的英式英语的受害者了,英式英语对于表达真实所想来说太过拘谨、礼貌了。其实对于英国人来说,想想外国人可能会把他们的每句话信以为真,也挺令人困扰的。

  Now there’s help in the form of a translation table which has become a huge hit on the internet.

  现在这里有一张在网上引起热议的翻译表,能对你有所帮助。

  It reveals that when a British person begins a sentence ‘With the greatest respect...’, they’re really saying ‘I think you are an idiot.’

  表格揭露了当一个英国人用“怀着最高的敬意”为一句句子开头,他们实际想说的是“我认为你是一个白痴”。

  ‘I hear what you say’ means ‘I disagree and do not want to discuss it further’ while ‘That is a very brave proposal’ translates as ‘You are insane’.

  “我听到你说什么了” 代表“我不同意也不想继续讨论下去了”,“这是一个勇敢的提议”代表“你疯了”。

  The table, which has been posted on numerous internet blogs, has received thousands of comments acknowledging that it’s spot on–from foreigners and Britons alike.

  这张表格被放到许多博客中后,收到许多外国人和英国人本身的赞同,承认这极其正确。

留学咨询

更多出国留学最新动态,敬请关注澳际教育手机端网站,并可拨打咨询热线:400-601-0022
  • 专家推荐
  • 成功案例
  • 博文推荐
  • 杜慧宇 向我咨询

    行业年龄 8年

    成功案例 2230人

    成功案例包括剑桥大学,UCL,格拉斯哥大学,曼彻斯特大学,华威大学,杜伦大学,谢菲尔德大学,利兹大学,纽卡斯尔大学等等。

  • 贾宇琨 向我咨询

    行业年龄 9年

    成功案例 2478人

    2年留学经验 6年行业经验 充分发掘学生优势,精准定位理想院校,全方位提供留学帮助,真诚认真负责,无时无刻无论在哪,有疑问找我就好!

  • 赵晨阳 向我咨询

    行业年龄 7年

    成功案例 1869人

  • 王梓橦 向我咨询

    行业年龄 7年

    成功案例 2000人

    对于不同的学生会以不同的方式去进行沟通,精准定位,定向提升。

  • 巴斯斯巴大学换新校徽——带你重新认识这所学校

    3809人阅读 查看原文

  • 哪些大学,在大厂的target school名单上?

    3904人阅读 查看原文

  • 英澳港新大Battle! 到底哪里才是最适合你的留学地?

    3110人阅读 查看原文

  • 榜首竟不是G5!23fall英国公布最难申请大学,第一想不到

    2754人阅读 查看原文

我要查

澳际服务

我要读

热门国家申请